Law of allurement: Walking The Hall, Having It All
I just got a private message from a Facebook friend, asking me about how to manifest (my information,not his) a few thousand dollars in funding for his business. He didn’t tell me what it was for, but he’s never asked for my advice or coaching before. So I guess it’s a pretty intense desire he has.
It got me thinking about what happened with us in 2002. The network marketing company we were with at the time was running a promotion. If you had a certain sales quantity in a three month period you were awarded a three day Caribbean Cruise.
We were salivating over the prospects of winning this trip. The trip was in October, not the coldest month by any method, but October in New England has been known to be brutal. Neither of us had ever been on a cruise before, and our kids hadn’t been either.
Plus, this was a chance to rub elbows with the leadership of that company. We knew then, and know now that a big part of success is in hanging around successful people and letting their attitudes rub off on you.
The challenge was, we were pretty far away from this goal with only a few days left in the qualification period. We didn’t see a way to make it happen. Our usual way of doing business got us a long way. But not close enough to put us in remarkable distance doing the same old thing.
So we tried something different. The downstairs of our house has a long thin hallway that connects the kitchen and dining room area to the bedrooms. We asked ourselves – over and over…
“How can we get the sales quantity we need? How can we get the sales quantity we need?” And we walked the hall.
And walked. And walked.. This was about six and a half years ago, and I think I nevertheless see a groove in the floor.
The details of what we did wouldn’t make sense unless you understood the marketing plan of this company. But we came up with a bright, creative solution. It involved leveraging the efforts of our downline distributors, sacrificing some short term gain, and making it worth their while to help us out.
And it took a bit of faith on our parts… faith that we had the skills to continue forward.
Yes, to coin a phrase, we “thought outside the box.”
And as a consequence, we got inside a cabin… on our Caribbean cruise. We nevertheless think back on it fondly years later.
(And yes, 80 degree weather in the Bahamas is nicer than 40 degree weather in Connecticut.)
So to my friend who asks how he can come up with his capital, and anyone else who has something they’d like to accomplish RIGHT NOW – when it seems impossible – here are a few suggestions from someone who’s done it.
1. Get really clear on WHY you want this thing. What will it do for you? What are the short term and long term benefits of your success?
2. Be willing to see things differently than you typically do. There are paradigm shifts that successful people make. It’s what separates them from the 95% of people who are willing to accept in any case life, society and the marketplace dishes out. That doesn’t make them bad. You’ll have to think different to do different and receive different.
3. Be willing to function on the “border of fear.” Be willing to put something at risk in what you want to do, but make it a managed risk. Jerry Colangelo, the owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team and Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team once told me he always managed his risks, but always took them. Take yours, and realize that everything is ultimately going to be fine.
4. Understand that getting what you want often involves helping others to get what they want. What can you do that will assistance others while moving you closer to your own goal? That line of thinking is precisely what got us to the Caribbean.
5. Be open to mentorship, coaching and sustain from others who’ve done what you want to do. If you’re taking advice from someone who hasn’t achieved what you desire, it’s time to upgrade your sustain system, at the minimum in that area. Exchange energy with your mentors. And yes, that often method paying for their sets.
Bottom line: when you get that burning desire, let it take you where it wants you to go. See things differently. Respond to things differently. Do things differently. You’ll get different results and rewards.
Your Manifesting Pal,