The ancient art of Healing Hands or the laying of hands on a person for healing has become very popular but many people are unsure of the difference between the two modalities of Reiki and Pranic Healing. Both systems use Life Force Energy to bring forth a healing for the recipient or patient.
Reiki was rediscovered by Mikado Usui in the 1800 and has been widely practiced all over the world, and is already today extremely popular and highly respected forms of healing hands therapy obtainable.
The information Reiki is made up of two Japanese words. The first one is Rei which method life force energy or spirit, and Ki meaning energy. The two combined translate as Life Force Energy which is the basis for natural healing.
Pranic Healing was established by Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui and is a system of energy medicine using healing hands, which uses prana to increase the vigorous body or the Aura, And in turn increasing the vital energy of the physical body. Prana is a Sanskrit information meaning life force emery.
Reiki and Pranic Healing are rare although the healing benefits and outcomes are very similar in many ways including:
1. Both modalities heal the Aura or sometimes called the energy body which results in increased physical heath
2. Negative energy and poison build up are cleansed from the body
3. And both modalities concede that the body can heal themselves, and are an open channel for self healing
Although Rieki and Pranic Healing are both excellent forms of healing hands treatments they are similar in some beliefs although the methods and techniques are different. Some include:
1. In Reiki the use of Reiki signs, Chanting and repeating of healing words are used to assist the healing and these are not included in the Pranic Healing Sessions.
2. In Reiki it is believed that Reiki energy is safe and one can never receive to much energy although Pranic Healing warns not to transmit excess energy to the recipient.
Both healing hands modalities are excellent and heal for the highest good of the recipient.