Grow Perfect Grapes
“It doesn’t matter who you are, how experienced you are or what your location is… You can grow perfect grape vines that produce the juiciest grapes you’ve ever tasted. Grow a single vine in your backyard, start your own large Vineyard – This is the perfect resource for you…”
Dear grape grower,
This is me, James “The Grape Guy”, in one of my vineyards on my farm.
The photos above and below were all taken on my farm, where I’ve been producing export quality grapes for the past 20 years.
I’m sure you will agree that anyone who likes grapes, would love to get their hands on one of these grape bunches!
Unfortunately, not many home grape growers know the “secrets” behind growing grapes like this and believe me, I’ve been around many vineyards in my life.
The truth is, there is much more to growing grapes than simply sticking a cutting into the ground and watering it! But with the right advice, you can grow amazing grapes in just about any climate.
• Planning the layout of your vineyard (already if it is only 2 grape vines you grow!)
• Constructing the sustain for your grape vine (trellis, arbor, fence, pergola, etc.)
• Choosing the right location
• Choosing the right variety for you climate
• Preparing the soil
• Correct planting techniques
• Training your grape vine
• Constructing the frame work of the vine
• Fertilizing at the right time
• Disease control
• Weed control
• Canopy management
• Summer treatments (leave pulling, suckering, tying down shoots)
• Thinning out of bunches
• Correct pruning techniques (probably the biggest mistake)
• Winter planning
the list goes on, but I think you get the picture.
After reading all that you might think that growing grapes is too hard and should be left to the experts? WRONG! Growing grapes is only hard if you don’t know what you’re doing. But if you follow a…