Digital Marketing for WordPress Websites
If your search term is not right for your business, too competitive, or just a keyword that does not generate enough traffic, then you can be wasting your time. If you are inpatient and you do not do the market research, you can be hitting your head against a wall.
Digital Marketing for WordPress
Market research online is very easy, easy to reach, and honest. It’s unforgiving and obtainable at your fingertips.
What are keywords?
In general terms, keywords are the words or phrases that people use to ask a question.
Free Tools for Market Research
This step is more often than not skipped because, let’s confront it, this step is not sexy.
1. Google Keyword Tool
Google has tools that are free and that you can use to do market research. This tool allows you to tap into the database of the data that Google creates using AdWords. Google AdWords is a product that Google uses to sell advertising space to people who want to advertise for a specific keyword.
The 3 chief metrics that we are looking for to find a keyword worth targeting are:
- quantity (how many local monthly searches for this keyword)
- competition (# of websites advertising against this keyword)
- commercial value
2. Google Trends
Shows us the amount of people using a keyword search over a particular time. This important because you don’t want to use time working on SEO for a keyword that is trending downwards and fewer people are searching for the keyword.
3. Google Insights
Gives us a more thorough look at search behavior about a keyword. Tells you more insights about a keyword such as where and allows you to make a more informed decision.
Three important concepts to choose the right keyword
1. quantity – the number of people searching on a keyword
2. Competition – what is our competition doing in the marketplace. What clues are they giving to Google. We need to look at the quality and the competition in the marketplace for a keyword. If there is a lot of strong competition for a keyword, then you might want to move on and choose a different keyword. If a lot of people are advertising for a keyword, then it could average that it has commercial value around the keyword.
3. Market Samurai – eavesdropping on customers and analyze your competition to decide if a keyword is worth going after
WordPress and SEO
So we have put together a list of what we consider to be the best WordPress SEO marketing tools. WordPress is by far the best blogging and CMS tool for SEO and business professionals. One reason is because of the great number of free plugins that are obtainable. So, take your time to complete the market research and focus on the right keywords to increase traffic with digital marketing for WordPress.
Free WordPress SEO Tools
- Social Locker (Free Version)
- WP Social SEO Pro (Free Version)
- S2 Member (Free Version)
- WPRobot (Free Version)
- Thirsty Affiliates (Free)