The presence of plastic is unavoidable in any work ecosystem; love it or hate it, but you cannot deny the role of plastic in the workplace! Think of plastic boxes, chairs, stationery, trays, mugs, blinds et al, and you will find how much we are dependent on this non-biodegradable, man-made material.
One such important use of plastic is in various kinds of trolleys. A trolley is used to carry various items from one place to another. Since different workplaces have different range of goods, they use different types of trolleys and if needed, they use tow tugs to ferry them within the organization.
Let us take a look at some of the advantages of using a plastic trolley at a workplace to know why they are so important:
• Low maintenance: One of the major advantages of using plastic trolley is that it is absolutely low in the maintenance department. You can easily clean it with a soft cloth and water on a daily basis. Additionally, extreme weather conditions like heat, rainfall or snowfall have no effect whatsoever on such trolleys so you need not worry about them rusting or decaying away. This makes them ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage.
• strong and unbreakable: A trolley made from high-quality plastic is strong and unbreakable. This is because such trolleys are pre-tested for maximum weight bearing and pressure and hence, they are capable of bearing maximum load without breaking down. for example, there are certain trolleys that can bear load of hundreds of kilos at a given time
• Long lasting: As mentioned in one of the points above, weather conditions have no negative effect on plastic trolleys. Also, plastic is a material that unlike wood, does not attract pests like termites and unlike metal, does not corrode easily. All these points make them long lasting, and they do not deteriorate in the long run. This method that buying such trolleys, ensure maximum returns on investment.
• Easy to store: Storing a number of plastic trolleys at a workplace is a cakewalk. This is because they are all light weight and easy to manager and move about. Hence, all that you need to do is to stack them neatly and stow them at any corner at the end of the day. Also, this will ensure that they consume less space.
• Value for money: Using plastic trolleys is an economical option. Compare them to any other kind of trolley (made out of metal or wood), and you will find out that they will cost twice as much or more. In fact, you can buy more number of trolleys when you opt for the ones made from plastic. This is advantageous especially for startup companies, who work on tight budgets.
These are some of the advantages of buying plastic trolleys and using them at your workplace. But on the flipside, there are also certain disadvantages of using them. For example, they do not look elegant and stylish like wooden or metal trolleys. Also, in case of a stain that refuses to go away already after repeated washing, you cannot paint or varnish the trolley as a cover up. However, all these disadvantages are few and far between and do not come in the way of the advantages. So, you can safely invest in them without fretting. All the best!